22 Dec 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Best Books I've Read in 2014





  • Young Romantics by Daisy Hay
A wonderful book about the Shelleys, Byron and their peers. My love for romantic poets is endless.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
 A thrilling tale about twins. I'm a big fan of family stories and this one totally swept me off my feet.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I have a love-hate relationship with Outlander. Heck, the whole book is one giant emtional roller-coaster. Pick it up, if you like those books that you want to throw in the corner and read like mad at the same time.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Perfect sequel to Outlander. First half: Jamie being ridiculous at French court Adventures in France. Second half: Jacobite rebellion.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I don't know why I waited this long to read Wuthering Heights. It is amazing.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I spent months in Westeros this year and it was one of the biggest adventures in my life. Seriously, if you haven't started A Song of Ice and Fire series, please, do! You don't know what you're missing out on. 

Goodreads | Amazon
  • A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George R. R. Martin
This book was the second best in the series.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • Angelfall by Susan Ee
Two words: Angel apocalypse. And a name: Raffe.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • World After by Susan Ee
A fantastic sequel to Angelfall. It was almost as good as the first book.

Goodreads | Amazon
  • Dracula, My Love by Syrie James
I read a few retellings this year, but this Dracula story was my absolute favourite. It was loyal to the original tale, but the writer managed to sprinkle some romance in between the lines as well. I didn't really liked the ending, but otherwise the book was great.

Goodreads | Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment