16 Aug 2020

Down the TBR Hole #2

 The Royal Bookshelf showed me this wonderful idea that will help me shorten my TBR pile.

   
   THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:

   1. Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
   2. Order on ascending date added.
   3. Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
   4. Read the synopses of the books
   5. Decide: keep it or should it go?
 

I'll try to go through 5 books every week from my Goodreads TBR and decide whether I still see any hope I'd get to those books sooner or later.

 Let's see this week's five books!

A Northern Light

by Jennifer Donnelly

I've reread the synopsis and I have to say this historical murder mystery still appeals to me.

KEEP!

Clockwork Angel

(The Infernal Devices #1)

 by Cassandra Clare

I've read the first two books in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. I liked them, however they didn't charm me enough to go on reading the series. Despite this, I'd be happy to give The Infernal Devices a chance since it's set in Victorian London and so promises a historical aspect too.

KEEP!

Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel

by Jonathan Morris

The 11th doctor was one of my favourites and the weeping angels are the scariest DW villains ever, so yes... I'll read it one day.

KEEP!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

by Ransom Riggs

Sometimes I crave creepy reads, the day when I pick this one up might not be far.

KEEP!

 The Diviners

by Libba Bray

This is another book I've been meaning to read for sooo long. I know many people enjoyed it.

KEEP!

Oh well, I'm keeping 5 out of 5. Looks like this isn't the week when my TBR list will get shorter, but never mind, there's always next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment