3 Apr 2017

Goodreads Monday #4

Goodreads Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren @ Lauren’s Page Turners. To participate, choose a random book from your TBR and show it off! Don’t forget to link back to Lauren’s Page Turners and link up to the inlinkz so others can see what you picked!

Sorry I've been off for a few days, I went to London for a long weekend but now I'm back and the posts will be coming! :)

Since it's Monday again, let me introduce you to another book from my TBR. 

I watched Disney's Beauty and the Beast (1991) for the first time two days ago (I know, I know... what have I done with my life so far??) and I can't wait to check out the movie. 

On the book front I'm yearning to read this retelling, because Juliet Marillier's writing style is something else.

by Juliet Marillier


 Synopsis:

Whistling Tor is a place of secrets and mystery. Surrounded by a wooded hill, and unknown presences, the crumbling fortress is owned by a chieftain whose name is spoken throughout the district in tones of revulsion and bitterness. A curse lies over Anluan's family and his people; those woods hold a perilous force whose every whisper threatens doom.

For young scribe Caitrin it is a safe haven. This place where nobody else is prepared to go seems exactly what she needs, for Caitrin is fleeing her own demons. As Caitrin comes to know Anluan and his home in more depth she realizes that it is only through her love and determination that the curse can be broken and Anluan and his people set free.
  
What is on your radar this week? Please share your GM posts with me! :)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment