18 Feb 2018

The longest book tag

Don't worry, this is a short tag about long books and not the other way around. The original idea is from Bewitchingly Paranoid.

What you have to do is very simple:

1) Make a list of the 5 longest books you’ve ever read
2) Select 2 of the longest books on your TBR
3) Discuss
4) Tag others

I wasn't tagged by anyone, but that doesn't stop me from doing this because I'm a rebel, haha. 

The longest books I've ever read are the following:


Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer 754 pages

The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett 782 pages

Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell 1037 pages

Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon 1088 pages (kindle edition)

A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin 1184 pages


The two longest books on my TBR are:


The Cider House Rules by John Irving 730 pages

The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough 1076 pages


Long books don't intimidate me, I actually cherish long novels that are well-written and have a good plot because they last longer and I as reader have more time to immerse myself in the story.

Of course you have to invest more time to finish them but in my experience it is more often worth it than not. Many of my favourite books are over 500 pages long and that's why I'm among those who encourage people to pick up thicker works. There is a chance that more pages hold more magic, you know...

People I tag:



  

 How do you feel about long books? Do you often go for them or do you rather tend to put shorter novels on your to-read list?

No comments:

Post a Comment