4 Jul 2018

June Wrap-Up, July TBR


As most of you know by now in the end of May I landed a job after a couple of months of search for a suitable one. June has been a challenging month for me, in the sense that I had to learn many new procedures, absorb a lot of information. But here I am, fully functioning, doing my tasks with more and more confidence at my new workplace, which is great. 

Since I acquired a full time job I've lost some of my reading time, and it shows. I could only finish 3 books instead of my usual 4 in June. I guess it's not that bad, considering that I had a lot on my plate recently. I'll do my best to catch up with my reading in July.

My heart broke hearing the Timeless cancellation news. Losing this show is like losing friends for me. I'm hoping against all hope that the creators will at least consider bringing it back as a book/comic book series, I'd read the hell out of Timeless novels if the existed. They say we might still get a movie but I'm not very positive we will. I will never watch an NBC show ever again, that is for sure.

In the end of July me and my boyfriend will travel to London to attend the London Film & Comic Con. I'm very excited, I've been there once in 2016 and it was a pretty special experience. I'll be happy to share it with my beau this time.


Here is a summary of June on Paradise Found:

I've finished three books:

Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf Review

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee – My review is coming soon!

Hold Your Own by Kate Tempest – My review is coming soon!


Other posts on the blog in the month of June:

Review Clowders by Vanessa Morgan

Review Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman



Weekly Memes:

WWW Wednesday (Jun 13)

Book Beginnings and the Friday 56 (Jun 1, Jun 15, Jun 29

Weekend Wrap-up (Jun 17, Jun 24)


Plans for July

I'd like to read the following books in July (in no particular order): 

Mrs Sherlock Holmes by Brad Ricca 

I've already started this book and it is extremely good! I'm planning to finish it this month.

The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics

Winter Eternal (The River That Flows Two Ways #1) by E. Thomas Joseph

Uneasy Lies the Head (Tudor Saga #1) by Jean Plaidy

How was your June? Which was your favourite book this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment