20 Apr 2020

Down the TBR Hole #1

The Royal Bookshelf showed me this wonderful idea that will help me shorten my TBR pile.

   
   THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:

   1. Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
   2. Order on ascending date added.
   3. Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
   4. Read the synopses of the books
   5. Decide: keep it or should it go?
 

I'll try to go through 5 books every week from my Goodreads TBR and decide whether I still see any hope I'd get to those books sooner or later.

Let's see the first five!

by E. M. Forster


This might be the only E. M. Forster novel I haven't read yet and he's one of my favourite writers.

KEEP!

by John Green


This one was extremely hyped back in the day and I'd still like to know what the hype was about.

KEEP!

by Christopher Isherwood


Recently I DNF-ed A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood and despite the fact I own a copy of Christopher and His Kind it's unlikely I'll soon be in the mood to pick it up.

DROP!

by Edward John Trelawny


 I still haven't read my fill of the 2nd generation romantic poets.

KEEP!

by Andrew Motion


This is a beast of a book (though 'only' 636 pages, it looks longer) but it's said to be one of the best biographies about Keats so I don't want to miss out on it.

KEEP! 

 Result:

I've let 1 book go out of 5, my TBR is reduced to 421 books (it's still ridiculously long, but if I'll keep this up, I might see it being lowered to a more reasonable number).

No comments:

Post a Comment